Software Engineer, Fin Tech - Crete
Do you have what it takes to join Channel VAS, the global FinTech leader? We have become the world’s #1 in mobile micro-credits thanks to sophisticated profiling and scoring models that are based on telco, digital and behavioral data.
We are seeking sharp, talented individuals to join our team of highly skilled professionals in our Operations Center in Greece and other countries. Through 40 telco partners we are providing financial inclusion to over 600 million consumers in Africa, Middle East, Asian Pacific and Latin America via a variety of mobile financial services such as Airtime Credit, Mobile Money Loans, Mobile Device Finance, B2C Loan Apps, E-Commerce Credit Solutions and Marketplaces.
The next growth is expected to come from geographic, industry and product diversification. Become part of a team of 200 creative individuals who believe in redefining mobile micro finance!
We are looking for a sharp and highly motivated Software Engineer with proficiency in the area of application software development. Are you results driven and highly motivated to meet project deadlines and take up technology challenges?
- Design, code, test, analyse, evaluate, debug and document application programs in Java (EE) technologies
- Design and implement processes, workflow and data models according to the requirements
- Provide assistance in the creation of the system design and functional specifications
- Identify and apply appropriate modern technologies and techniques for software development
- Maintain and enhance existing code and database schemas
- Closely collaborate with other teams while assisting in evolving company's product
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least 2 years' experience in back end platforms development with solid programming abilities in Java (EE)
- Knowledge of Relational Database technology
- Knowledge of NoSQL will be considered a plus
- Excellent communication skills and team working mentality
- Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with other creative minds
- Strong desire for exploring, evaluating and understanding new technologies
- Ability to hit tight deadlines and work under pressure and strict attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem-solving skills
Channel VAS offers a friendly, challenging and inspiring work environment along with a very competitive benefits package. Our growing team of talented Software Engineers offers you the ability to grow your professional skill set while working with a highly motivated international team!